There are a wealth of resources on our campus and beyond.
Entertainment and Recreation
Jazz concerts, award-winning theatre, classical music, and museums abound.
Sports and Recreation
Enjoy state-of-the art fitness facilities, wellness training, classes, personal training. Attend a varsity game. For children—there are sports camps, special classes and more.
- Physical Education and Athletics On Campus
- Parks and Playgrounds In Hyde Park
- Hyde Park Neighborhood Club Athletics
- The Chicago Park District
Campus and Neighborhood Navigation
Walk, bike, scooter, take the train and find a parking spot.
International Information and Programming
- The Office of International Affairs (OIA) oversees immigration and visa-related issues for international faculty, students, staff and their families. Programs and resources include international coffee hours, classes and information about taxes.
- OIA Page for Spouses and Partners of International Students, Scholars and Employees
- The International House at the University of Chicago hosts more than 200 programs a year, including cultural events, language exchanges, forums and debates)
Welcome to the 9th largest research library in North America. The University of Chicago library system includes six libraries with 12.6 million volumes held in print and electronic form and 205 miles of shelving.
- The Spiritual Life Office supports all campus community members from any religious background and on any spiritual path, traditional or beyond the traditional boundaries. They offer on-site religious advisers, a dedicated meditation room and mindfulness classes, the weekly Breathing Room event and other resources and programming connected to spirituality and religion in today's world.
- Hyde Park religious institutions and groups
Summer Programs for Kids
Many Hyde Park cultural organizations offer summer family programs and camps from arts to athletics. Here’s a sampling.
- Summer Lab, the University of Chicago Laboratory School 6 week summer program including Summer Lab Sports Camp, Adventure Kids Day Camp, and Fun in the Sun
- UChicago Athletics Super Summer Sports Camp
- Hyde Park Neighborhood Club Summer Camp
- Smart Museum of Art Family Days
- The Oriental Institute Museum Family Programs
- Chicago Park District Summer Camp
- Creativity Camp at the Hyde Park Art Center
- Hyde Park School of Dance programs
- Logan Center Summer Classes for Youth and Adults
Sustainability On Campus
The Office of Sustainability is creating a culture of sustainability across campus. Learn about the university's Strategic Sustainability Plan, recycling (including e-waste), bike sharing and city and state resources.
Volunteer Opportunities on Campus
There are many ways to make difference on-campus and off.
- The University of Chicago's University Community Service Center matches any member of the university community with ways to volunteer.
- Civic Engagement
- Comer Children's Hospital
- University of Chicago Medical Center
- University of Chicago Service League
Have a question? Contact us!