The University of Chicago understands the decisions that faculty and their partners face and the guidance they need when moving to a new city. Faculty Relocation/Dual Career Services was established in 2008 to provide resources and support to current faculty, those considering faculty appointments, and their accompanying partners to make those decisions and to relocate successfully to the Chicago area.
Our services are individually tailored and include:
- Expert guidance for faculty partners seeking meaningful academic and non-academic jobs and other professional development.
- Dedicated assistance for residential purchases and rentals in Chicago and the surrounding areas.
- Specialized relocation research: From resources for children with special needs to locating dog parks, we research questions important to you.
- Social opportunities for faculty to meet colleagues.
- Job workshops and special events especially for accompanying partners.